Look no further for a show-stopping Thanksgiving stuffing recipe! Made with a creamy hazelnut pulp crumble, this stuffing deserves a spot on your Thanksgiving table.
Time: 30 minutes active time, 30 minutes baking time
- 1 Loaf bread, diced small
- ½ cup Vegan butter
- 3 cups Onions, diced small
- 1½ cups Celery, diced small
- 1½ cups Carrots, diced small
- 1 tbsp Rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbsp Thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp Sage, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups Vegetable broth
- 2 Flax eggs
- ½ cup Hazelnut pulp, drained well
- 1-2 Tbsp Vegan butter, melted
- ¼ cup Vegan parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a baking dish with vegan butter and set aside.
- Scatter bread on a baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally, until dried out.
- Let cool, then transfer bread to a very large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Add ½ cup vegan butter to a large skillet over medium-high heat, along with onions, celery, and carrots. Stir often until it just begins to brown (about 10-15 minutes).
- Transfer mixture to the bowl with the bread, and stir in the rosemary, thyme, sage, salt, and pepper. Drizzle in 1 cup vegetable broth and toss gently. Let cool.
- Whisk the other 1 cup vegetable broth and flax eggs in a small bowl, then add it to the bread mixture. Fold gently until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add hazelnut pulp, melted vegan butter, and vegan parmesan, and mix. Set aside.
- Transfer the bread mixture to a prepared baking dish, sprinkle the hazelnut pulp mixture throughout, cover with foil, and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the topping is crisp.