Creamy, dairy-free mushroom sauce surrounded by tender green beans, topped with crunchy fried onions. A delicious twist on a classic holiday dish that your family and friends will enjoy!
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hour
- 3 cups Cashew milk (or coconut milk)
- ½ cup Almond pulp
- 1 Small yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 Garlic clove (minced)
- 2 tbsp White wine (optional)
- ¼ cup Vegetable stock
- 2 cups White button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tbsp Tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp Parsley (chopped)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil
- 3 cups Mushroom sauce
- 0.5 lbs Green beans
- ½ cup Fried onions
- 4-5 Shallots (sliced)
- 2 tbsp Tapioca flour
- To prepare the mushroom sauce heat avocado oil in a medium sized pan. Over medium to high heat saute onions and garlic for about 2 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add mushrooms and saute for another 5 minutes until mushrooms begin to brown.
- Deglaze with white wine, add vegetable stock, milk, parsely, almond pulp, salt and pepper and simmer for about 15-20 minutes over low heat.
- Take out 2 tbsp of the mushroom sauce and mix with one tbsp of tapioca starch. Add tapioca mixture back in the sauce and simmer for another 2 minutes (while stirring) until sauce thickens up. Set aside for the casserole.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To prepare the casserole steam green beans for about 10-15 minutes or cook in boiling water for about 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer green beans into a 9 inch diameter baking dish about 2-3 inches deep. Pour mushroom sauce over the beans and bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, evenly coat onions with tapioca flour in a small bowl and fry in vegetable oil.
- Once the casserole is done garnish with fried onions, parsley and serve while still warm. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.