Thanksgiving isn’t complete without a Sweet Potato Casserole! Especially when it’s made with a walnut pulp crumble made from your Almond Cow, then topped with marshmallows. You don’t want to miss this!
Time: 30-45 minutes
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, cooked
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ cup vegan butter, melted
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger
- Add cooked sweet potatoes, orange juice, vegan butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger to a blender, and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- For the walnut pulp crumble, add walnut pulp, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and vegan butter to a mixing bowl, and mix.
- Transfer to a baking sheet, and bake on 350F until crisp and crumbly (approx. 15-20 minutes). Set aside.
- Transfer sweet potato mixture to a baking dish, and bake until the sweet potato is warm enough to serve.
- When ready, add crumble layer on top, and then marshmallows on top of that. Bake on 350F until the marshmallows are crisp and golden.