Thanksgiving isn’t complete without a Sweet Potato Casserole! Especially when it’s made with a walnut pulp crumble made from your Almond Cow, then topped with marshmallows. You don’t want to miss this!
Time: 30-45 minutes
Sweet Potato Casserole
Walnut Pulp Crumble
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, cooked
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ cup vegan butter, melted
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ cup walnut pulp, drained (from walnut milk)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- marshmallows, for topping
- Add cooked sweet potatoes, orange juice, vegan butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger to a blender, and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- For the walnut pulp crumble, add walnut pulp, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and vegan butter to a mixing bowl, and mix.
- Transfer to a baking sheet, and bake on 350F until crisp and crumbly (approx. 15-20 minutes). Set aside.
- Transfer sweet potato mixture to a baking dish, and bake until the sweet potato is warm enough to serve.
- When ready, add crumble layer on top, and then marshmallows on top of that. Bake on 350F until the marshmallows are crisp and golden.
Find out more about our nut pulp recipes, and get the most out of your plant-based milk maker.