With its rich, creamy, and slightly roasted flavor, Hazelnut Milk makes for the perfect addition to your morning cup of coffee, cereal, or baking recipes. Aside from it’s wonderful flavor, Hazelnut Milk is high in naturally-occuring vitamins and minerals like manganese, copper, iron, calcium, and potassium- It’s sure to become a new family favorite! Try our homemade hazelnut Nutella milk, or make leftover hazelnut pulp Nutella, for a chocolate twist on the recipe.
- 1 cup Unsoaked hazelnuts (see option for roasted hazelnuts below)
- 3 Pitted dates or sweetener of your choice (optional)
Roasted Hazelnuts: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the hazelnuts on a sheet pan and roast them for 5-10 minutes. Once they have cooled, soak them for 1-2 hours.
- Place the unsoaked hazelnuts (or roasted/soaked hazelnuts) and dates in the filter basket. Attach the filter basket to the top of the Almond Cow and twist in the direction of the close arrow to secure.
- Fill the Almond Cow base to the MIN line (5 cups) with water, attach the top.
- Plug in the Almond Cow and press the cow start button!
It will run through 3 automatic stages. When the green light stops flashing, your milk is ready!