- 1 ½ cup whole roasted hazelnuts
- ½ cup hazelnut milk
- ¼ cup hazelnut pulp (from hazelnut milk)
- 4 dates, pits removed (soaked)
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
- To roast the hazelnuts, preheat oven to 350F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once the oven is preheated roast hazelnuts on the baking sheet for about 5-10 minutes until slightly dark brown. Take them out of the oven and let them cool down for a few minutes.
- To prepare dates, pour hot water over dates in a small bowl and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out any excess liquid and add soaked dates with the rest of the ingredients into a food processor. Process well into a smooth mixture. You might need to either add milk or cacao powder and process again to achieve the preferred consistency.
- Store Nutella in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
- Enjoy on crispy GF toast/bread or just as a dessert with some fresh fruit.