- 1 can chickpeas (strained)
- 3 medium red beets
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ cup cashew pulp (from cashew milk)
- salt and pepper
- Place beets (peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes) in a medium sized pot of boiling water. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for about 30 minutes until beets are tender. Drain and set aside to cool down.
- Once the beets are cooled down place them with chickpeas and the rest of the ingredients into a food processor. Process until smooth and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.