A twist on classic hummus, this healthy and creamy hummus features leftover cashew pulp from the Almond Cow and gets its vibrant pink color from beets! It’s the perfect dip to spread on toast or sandwiches, or use as the perfect addition to your favorite snack plate or appetizer.
- 1 can Chickpeas (strained)
- 3 Medium red beets
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- ½ Lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Optional: ½ cup cashew pulp (leftover from homemade cashew milk)
- Salt and pepper
- Place beets (peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes) in a medium sized pot of boiling water. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for about 30 minutes until beets are tender. Drain and set aside to cool down.
- Once the beets are cooled down place them with chickpeas and the rest of the ingredients into a food processor. Process until smooth and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.