Wow you guests with this delightful White Chocolate Cranberry Tart. Perfectly creamy with just the right amount of tartness from the cranberry filling. A great way to use your leftover cashew pulp!
Servings: 8-10 slices
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 min
Additional time: 3 hours
- 1½ cups Gluten-free oats
- ½ cup Almonds
- 5 tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 cups Cranberries
- 1 cup Water
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Agar agar
- ⅔ cup Coconut milk
- ⅓ cup Cashew pulp
- 1 cup Cashews
- ¾ cup Cacao butter
- 4 tbsp Vegan white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- For the crust add oats and almonds into a food processor. Pulse until combined and add maple syrup and coconut oil. Process into a moist mixture.
- Firmly press dough into the tart and press up on the sides as well. Bake at 350F for about 10-15 minutes until crust appears golden brown.
- Let sit for about 5-10 minutes and then transfer onto a cooling rack.
- In a small saucepan add cranberries, water and maple syrup. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes over low-medium heat until cranberries have broken down.
- With a hand mixer puree cranberries and add a little bit of water if sauce is too thick. Add 1 tsp of agar agar powder and simmer for another 5 minutes over low-medium heat.
- Set aside to cool for a couple minutes, then spread cranberry jam/sauce into the crust (½ way full) and let set in the fridge for another 15 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the white chocolate layer. Melt white chocolate and cacao butter in a small saucepan over low heat and set aside.
- In a food processor or high speed blender add cashews, maple syrup, coconut milk and cashew pulp. Process until completely smooth.
- Add melted chocolate/cacao butter and process until combined.
- Pour white chocolate mixture into the tart and let set in the refrigerator for about 2-3 hours.
- Garnish with cranberries and white chocolate chips and serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.