Use your leftover pulp in these Berry Oat Bars! Golden brown crust, filled with juicy, sweet mixed berries and topped with oat crumble. Makes for a delightful quick breakfast or snack!
Crust and Crumble on top
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour (Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free baking flour was used for this recipe. Other brands can be used, but results may vary.)
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 batch of PeCashew pulp (from PeCashew milk)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 8 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups fresh or frozen berries
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- Zest from 1 lemon (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make the crust and crumble topping, grab a large bowl and mix together the gf flour, oats, coconut sugar, pecashew pulp, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Mix with a fork. Add in melted vegan butter and vanilla extract, stir until a nice crumble forms and dough begins to clump together.
- Place 1 ¾ cups of the mixture into the prepared pan and place the remaining mixture into the fridge to be used for the topping later. Evenly press the dough to the bottom of the pan.
- For the filling, place a medium sized pot over medium heat. Add in berries, maple syrup, arrowroot and salt. Use a wooden spoon to press and break down the berries a bit.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for 3-5 more minutes until mixture is thickened up.
- Pour mixture over the crust and use a spoon to evenly spread.
- Take the remaining topping out of the fridge and sprinkle over the berry filling.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and top is golden.
- Once finished baking, let the bars cool completely and then transfer to the fridge to chill. Serve room temperature or right out of the fridge. Enjoy!