With only 6 simple ingredients you can create this creamy, spreadable Vegan Butter. Melts perfectly on waffles, bread, muffins or whatever you choose! Featuring almond milk from your Almond Cow!
Total Time: 10 minutes active time, 1 hour refrigeration time
Servings: 4 sticks
- ⅓ cup Almond milk
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1 cup Coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp Olive oil (you can use your favorite infused olive oils for a subtly flavored butter)
- 1 tsp Nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- Add almond milk and apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice) to a bowl. Stir, and let sit for 5 minutes to allow it to curdle.
- In the meantime, add coconut oil, olive oil, nutritional yeast, and salt to a blender, and blend until smooth.
- When ready, add the curdled almond milk to the mixture, and blend again until creamy.
- Pour into something resembling a butter dish (we used candy bar moulds), and transfer to fridge to set for about 1 hour.
- When ready, remove it from the fridge, and allow it to slightly soften for a few minutes. Serve over waffles, biscuits, or whatever else you’d like!
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.