Use your leftover pulp in these Chai Spiced Donuts with Apple Cider Glaze. Enjoy all of the warm, flavorful, chai spices in each bite. Lightly covered with a sweet, creamy, apple cider glaze.
Servings: 6 donuts
Prep time: 7 min
Cook time: 10-12 min
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp of water)
- ¾ cup gluten-free flour (Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten-free baking flour was used for this recipe. Other brands can be used, but results may vary.)
- ¼ cup almond pulp (from almond milk)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- ¾ cup organic powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider*
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease donut pan with coconut oil.
- To prepare the flax egg combine ground flax seeds and water and let thicken.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together coconut sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine coconut oil, flax egg, almond pulp and milk.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Transfer into a ziploc or piping bag and pipe dough into each donut mold (¾ of the mold).
- Bake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let donuts sit in the pan for a few minutes.
- Remove donuts from the pan and place on a cooling rack for glazing.
- To prepare the glaze mix powdered sugar and apple cider until sugar is fully incorporated.
- Dip donuts into the glaze and let them dry. You can dip again for a thicker glaze on the donut.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Note: For more of a frosting like consistency use less liquid when making the glaze.