- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1 cup cashew pulp (from cashew milk)
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon (squeezed juice)
- 200 mL filtered water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch
- Place cashews in a medium bowl and soak for a minimum of four hours or overnight.
- Once they are soaked, drain and rinse. In a food processor add all of the ingredients.
- Blend until completely smooth for about 5-10 minutes, depending on your food processor, scraping down the sides with a spatula. Add salt if needed and transfer cashew mixture into a small-medium sized pan.
- Continually fold mixture with a spatula over medium heat until it begins to thicken and come together. This should take about 5-10 minutes. It should turn into an almost solid gooey mass.
- Take off the heat and transfer into a lined porcelain dish of your choice.
- Gently ease it to the sides and smooth the top with a spatula. Cover with parchment paper and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours until completely firm.
- Peel away the top layer of the parchment paper and flip cheese onto a small plate. Enjoy on a cheese platter with some fresh fruit and gluten-free seed crackers.