- Round tart pan with a diameter of 9 inches/22-23 cm, removable bottom
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free oats
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ cup nut pulp, drained (from almond milk or another nut milk of choice)
- 5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup (compacted) soft dates, pits removed
- 2 cups coconut cream (*the solid part of 1-2 cans of full fat coconut milk stored in the fridge overnight)
- 2 tsp agar agar powder
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 vanilla bean
- ⅓ cup agave syrup (sub with maple syrup)
- 1-2 cups mixed edible flowers (like pansies, violas, daisies, garden roses, peonies, chamomile, kale flowers, strawberry and apple blossoms, lilac, lavender, dandelion, elderflower, dianthus, cornflowers and dahlias - among others)
- a handful of mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries…)
Step 1 - Crust
Grease your tart pan with some coconut oil. Don’t forget the sides.
Preheat oven at 350°F/180°C.
Add pecans and oats to your food processor/high speed blender and pulse to combine.
Add nut pulp, melted coconut oil and pitted dates and process until you get a moist and crumbly mixture. If the dough doesn’t come together add one more tablespoon of coconut oil.
Firmly press the dough into the tart pan. Don’t forget to press up on the sides as well. If you have leftover dough, you can snack it raw.
Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly golden. Allow to cool completely.
Step 2 - Filling
Add the coconut cream to a sauce pan on medium heat and stir until it has become liquid again.
Immediately stir in the agar agar powder and cornstarch and bring the mixture to boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
Take it off the stove. Cut the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape out the whole core. Then stir it together with the agave syrup in the coconut milk mixture.
Pour the panna cotta cream into the prepared crust. Then transfer the tart into your fridge. Be careful it’s very liquid! The filling will need 3-4 hours to become firm.
Step 3 - Decoration
Create a flower crown with edible flowers on top of the panna cotta tart.
Feel free to add fresh berries too.