Warm up with a bowl of Corn Chowder. Easy to make yet tastes like you've been cooking all day. Full of flavor and texture it's sure to be a go-to weekday meal!
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 cups water (or vegetable stock)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup cashew milk (optional)
- ¼ cup white wine (optional)
- 4 small yukon potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 4 ears corn (cooked), substitute with 2 cans of kernel corn
- 5-6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- avocado oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- corn pulp (from corn milk)
- Heat 1 tbsp of avocado oil in a soup pot over medium - high heat. Add garlic and onions and cook until onions are translucent.
- Deglaze with wine if prefered and add potatoes and fresh thyme. Cut the kernels off the cob and add into the pot. Stir well and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in water, coconut milk, cashew milk and corn milk pulp. Season with salt and pepper and simmer over low - medium heat for about 15-20 minutes until potatoes are cooked through.
- The soup should be thick enough due to the potatoes and coconut milk. If not, add more milk or puree some of the soup with a hand mixer and pour back into the soup.
- Garnish with chives and serve while still hot. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 days.