With a variety of vegetables, herbs, potatoes, and beans this Hearty Stew is sure to leave you full and satisfied. Grab a bowl, cozy up and enjoy this warm, flavorful stew!
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- ⅓ cup onions
- ⅓ cup celery
- ⅓ cup carrots, plus more for adding into soup later
- hot water, to minimum line of the base
- 1 cup mushrooms, plus more for adding into soup later
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup potatoes, chopped
- 1 can kidney beans
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add ⅓ cup onions, ⅓ cup celery, and ⅓ cup carrots to the filter basket. Attach the filter basket to the top of the Almond Cow and twist in the direction of the close arrow to secure.
- Fill the Almond Cow base to the MIN line (5 cups) with hot water, attach the top.
- Plug in the Almond Cow and press the cow start button. It will run through 3 automatic stages. When the green light stops flashing, it is complete.
- Set filter basket contents aside, and refill the filter basket with mushrooms, tomato paste, thyme, and oregano. Blend for another cycle.
- Pour base liquid and all filter basket contents into a pot and add 2 bay leaves, 1 cup mushrooms, 1 cup potatoes, 1 can kidney beans, ¼ cup soy sauce, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook it down on low-medium heat for approximately 1 hour. It will naturally thicken during this time. If you’d like to shorten the cooking time, you can thicken the stew with a thickening agent, like arrowroot. Enjoy!