Enjoy a warm bowl of vegan Broccoli Cheddar Soup! Full of flavor, this delightful soup is made right in your Almond Cow.
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- hot water, to minimum line of the base
- ⅓ cup broccoli, plus more for adding into the soup later
- ⅓ cup onions
- ⅓ cup carrots
- ½ cup vegan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add cashews and nutritional yeast to the filter basket.
- Add hot water to the base of the Almond Cow (to the minimum line).
- Pour remaining filter basket contents into the base to mix it with the liquid already in there. Refill the filter basket with ⅓ cup broccoli, ⅓ cup onions, and ⅓ cup carrots. Blend for another cycle.
- Pour base mixture into a pot and add vegan cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and 1½ cups broccoli. Cook it down on low-medium heat for 10-15 mins. (Feel free to incorporate the second round of leftover pulp into the liquid for a zero waste option with slightly more texture.) Enjoy!