After enjoying a delicious DIY Almond Cow pistachio milk, turn the leftover pulp into these delectable truffles that look and taste gourmet but only require a handful of wholesome ingredients to whip up. Pistachios are naturally high in protein and vitamin B6, and goji berries are rich in beneficial antioxidants, so you can indulge in these delicious truffles without the guilt!
Recipe by Dulce Bakery @dulcevegan
- ½ cup pistachio pulp (from pistachio milk)
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 2 tbsp chopped pistachios
- 2 tbsp chopped goji berries
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Use a spoon to press the pulp gently up against the sides of the filter basket and continue to remove as much liquid from the pulp as possible.
- Once you have a fairly dry pistachio pulp, place in a separate bowl and mix in chopped pistachios, matcha powder, goji berries, and desiccated coconut. Add melted coconut oil and maple syrup and stir.
- Using a small scoop or your hands, form round tablespoon sized truffles. Place on a tray and freeze for 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together cacao powder, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil.
- Remove truffles from freezer, dip each into the chocolate, and place on the tray. Once all truffles are coated in chocolate, garnish them with a goji berry, pistachio, or cacao nibs. Enjoy!