These Chocolate Almond-Pulp Oat Bars are a delicious way to use the leftover pulp from your Almond Cow! “The highlights of these bars are almond pulp, oats, and the agave + flax meal mix that makes it rise the perfect amount. And of course, a generous serving of chocolate chips always does the trick as a healthy, sweet alternative!”
- ¼ cup flax meal
- ⅓ cup agave
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond pulp (from almond milk)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup chocolate chips + 2 tbsp for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a 9 x 5 baking tin with coconut oil and parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the flax meal and agave and allow it to thicken for 10 minutes.
- Combine all wet ingredients into one bowl and in a separate bowl add all dry ingredients, then pour one into the other and fold.
- Transfer the mixture into the baking tin and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Once cooled completely, slice into 8 bars and store them in the fridge for the week, or enjoy immediately!