- 1 shallot, roughly diced
- ¼ cup chives, roughly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, roughly sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 basket walnut pulp, dried* (from walnut milk)
- 3 tbsp arrowroot
- ½ cup amaranth flour
- ½ cup flour
- olive oil, for grilling
- vegan Worcestershire sauce, for brushing (optional)
- grilled pineapple, for serving
- grilled red onion, for serving
Note: *Make sure to remove as much liquid as possible. The drier, the better! You can use a cheesecloth to do this.
- Add shallot, chives, garlic, mushrooms, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, salt, black pepper, paprika, dried walnut pulp to a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, and fold in arrowroot, amaranth flour, and regular flour until well-combined. Scoop dough into 4 burgers and flatten onto a sheet pan (or something flat) using the palm of your hand. Transfer to fridge overnight.
- When ready, pour a little olive oil onto your hands and oil the burgers. Grill for a few minutes on each side, and brush vegan Worcestershire sauce onto them. Serve with grilled pineapple, grilled red onion, Almond Cow BBQ Sauce, Almond Cow Pickles, and buns of choice!