Golden brown, slightly sweet crust topped with creamy, vegan cheesecake filling and topped with your favorite berries. Makes for the perfect ending to a meal!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs, finely ground
- 1 cup almond pulp, drained and dried*
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 1½ cups cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (refrigerated overnight, only use the thick cream on top)
- ¼ cup almond milk
Note: *To dry the almond pulp: Place filter basket inside the collector cup. Rest for 10 minutes to drain any leftover liquid. After, press the almond pulp with a spoon or spatula to ensure all of the moisture has been removed. It should feel like flour rather than mushy.
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- For the crust, mix together graham cracker crumbs, almond pulp, coconut sugar, and vegan butter.
- Press mixture across the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes. Once done, let cool completely.
- For the filling, add soaked cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup, and almond milk to the bowl of a food processor. Process for 3-5 minutes or until smooth.
- Once the crust has cooled completely, pour filling over top.
- Freeze cheesecake for 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove cheesecake from the freezer and thaw for 10 minutes. Slice into 9 bars. Top with fresh berries.