- ⅔ cup Almond Cow Vegan Butter, room temperature
- ½ cup maple syrup (plus extra for coating)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1+ cup edible flowers*
- Preheat the oven to 350F. In the meantime, cream together the butter, maple syrup, and vanilla together.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined and can form the dough into a ball. It should be moldable, not too wet or not too dry. If dry, add a touch more maple syrup, and if too wet, add more flour.
- Afterwards, roll the dough between two sheets of parchment or wax paper until 1/2” thickness, then use a 2” cookie cutter. Cut into circles and transfer to a lined cookie sheet. Remold the remaining dough and cut into until all is used.
- When ready, gently press edible flowers or petals into the cookies by brushing the surface with maple syrup and sticking the flowers on top.
- Next, transfer the cookies to the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes or until gently golden. (Keep in mind the cookies will harden as they cool, so avoid over-baking.)
- Remove from the heat and place on a cooling rack to rest a few minutes before eating. Enjoy!
Note: Edible flowers do tend to have a peppery note, to make the cookies sweeter, you can omit the flowers & add a simple icing of confectioners sugar thinned out with almond milk (or plant-based milk of choice).