- 1 ½ cups gluten-free oats
- ½ cup almonds
- ¼ cup almond pulp* (from almond milk)
- 5 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup cashews (soaked)*
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp agar agar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9-inch tart pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- For the crust add oats, pulp and almonds into a food processor. Pulse until combined and add maple syrup and coconut oil. Process into a moist mixture.
- Firmly press dough into the tart and press up on the sides as well. Bake for about 10-15 minutes until crust appears golden brown.
- Let sit for about 5-10 minutes and then transfer onto a cooling rack.
- For the pumpkin filling add soaked cashews in a food processor or high speed blender and process until completely smooth.
- Transfer into a medium sized saucepan. Add pumpkin puree, coconut milk, maple syrup and spices. Bring to a simmer and mix to combine.
- Add agar agar powder and simmer for another 4-5 minutes whisking continuously until mixture becomes thick.
- Strain through a sieve and pour into tart crust. Let sit for about 10 minutes, then transfer into fridge. Refrigerate until tart has set for about an hour.
- Serve immediately and store leftovers in an airtight container for up to two days.
*Squeeze out any excess liquid
*Soak cashews in water overnight or for at least 4 hours.