- 1 ⅔ cups oat flour
- 2 tbsp almond butter (any nut butter works)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup almond pulp (drained, from almond milk)
- 2-3 apples (sliced)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup tahini paste
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- optional: ¼ cup split almonds (roasted)
- To prepare the tart preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9 inch round tart tin with coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl combine oat flour, nut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil and almond pulp.
- With a spatula mix into a sticky but firm dough. Transfer to the tart tin and firmly press down and up on the sides. Set aside while preparing the filling.
- To prepare the caramel in a small saucepan heat tahini, maple syrup and coconut oil over low heat. Add salt and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Lay out tart with half of the apple slices. Pour ½ of the caramel on top and sprinkle with 1 tbsp of coconut sugar.
- Top off with the rest of the apple slices and sprinkle almond slices and another tbsp of coconut sugar on top. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes until crust appears to be golden brown and apples are cooked.
- Top off with some extra caramel and serve immediately. Store in the refrigerator for up to two days.
*squeeze out any excess liquid with a cheesecloth or fine sieve.