Try this twist on a classic dessert. Delicious, fluffy cakes featuring leftover almond pulp from the Almond Cow. Topped with a lightly sweetened, creamy coconut whipped cream and loads of strawberries.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Serving: 4-5 mini cakes, 2 regular sized cakes
- 2 cups Plant-based milk
- 2 cups Gluten-free flour (Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free baking flour was used for this recipe. Other brands can be used, but results may vary.)
- ½ cup Almond flour
- ½ cup Almond pulp*
- 1 ¼ cup Monkfruit sweetener (or coconut sugar, cane sugar)
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ¾ cup Coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 can Coconut cream (solid part)**
- 1-2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 cup Fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease mini pans or two 8 inch pans with coconut oil and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add all dry ingredients and combine.
- In a separate bowl mix all wet ingredients and add to dry ingredients. Mix with a spatula or hand mixer until just combined.
- Evenly distribute the batter into your pans and bake for about 25 minutes in the oven.
- Once the cakes are done transfer onto a cooling rack for about 5-10 minutes before garnishing.
- To prepare the coconut whipped cream mix solid part of coconut cream with a tablespoon of maple syrup with a spatula.
- Top cakes with whipped cream and garnish with fresh strawberries and maple syrup.
*Squeeze out any excess liquid before using in recipe.
**Place your can of coconut cream in the fridge overnight if it is not solid