- Heat oil in a pot until it reaches about 350F.
- In the meantime combine all ingredients into a large bowl and mix until smooth. Add more milk if batter appears to be too thick.
- Using either a funnel or a piping bag slowly pour the batter into the hot oil forming layered circles. Fry the batter for about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Use a metal strainer to transfer funnel cakes onto paper towels. Wait for about 5-10 minutes, then dust cakes with some extra powdered sugar and enjoy.
- Store funnel cakes in airtight containers.