These fun and delicious Funnel Cakes are a great treat for anytime of year. Vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free, they are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth!
Servings: 8-10 depending on size
Prep time: 5 min
Cooking time: 5 min
- 1 ¼ cup Gluten-free flour blend (or substitute with regular flour)
- 1/2 cup Almond pulp*
- ¼ cup Powdered sugar (monk fruit sweetened or regular sugar)
- 1 cup Plant-based milk (Cashew, Coconut, Oat etc.)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Avocado Oil (substitute with Canola oil)
- Sugar for dusting
- Heat oil in a pot until it reaches about 350F.
- In the meantime combine all ingredients into a large bowl and mix until smooth. Add more milk if batter appears to be too thick.
- Using either a funnel or a piping bag slowly pour the batter into the hot oil forming layered circles. Fry the batter for about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Use a metal strainer to transfer funnel cakes onto paper towels. Wait for about 5-10 minutes, then dust cakes with some extra powdered sugar and enjoy.
- Store funnel cakes in airtight containers.
Note: *Squeeze out any excess liquid.