Who isn't a fan of Peanut Butter & Jelly? These no-waste PB & J Truffles are the perfect way to use up your Peanut Milk pulp in the most delicious way possible.
Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Makes 24 (this may vary depending on size of mold used)
- 2 cups Frozen strawberries
- 2 Tbsp Coconut nectar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- All pulp from Peanut Milk
- 1 tbsp Peanut butter, optional
- 1 cup Solid cacao butter (or ½ cup melted)
- ½ cup Cacao powder
- 3 tbsp Coconut nectar
- In a saucepan, cook strawberries on medium-high heat for several minutes until they break down and soften to your liking. You can use the back of a spatula to mash the berries until they're as smooth or as lumpy as you like.
- Remove from heat and stir in the coconut nectar and lemon juice.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, and then pour the mixture into a chocolate truffle mold (leaving a little room for the peanut base). Store in freezer for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- When ready, add Peanut Milk pulp and 1 Tbsp peanut butter to a small mixing bowl, and mix well.
- Add a layer of peanut butter pulp mixture on top of the strawberry filling to each of the truffle molds.
- Transfer to freezer for at least 3 hours, or until the entire truffle is completely hard.
- When ready, add 1 cup solid cacao butter to a saucepan, and melt. Add cacao powder and coconut nectar, and stir until completely smooth. Set aside to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is cooled, pop out the truffles from the molds, and dip one at a time into the chocolate. It should harden almost immediately.
- Quickly transfer the ready-made truffles back into the freezer until all are finished. Place in sealed container and store in freezer.
- Remove from freezer and let set for a few minutes prior to enjoying.