If you’re looking for an easy sugar cookie recipe to make this Christmas season, stop the search! You’re going to love this one. It’s made with macadamia nut pulp from your Almond Cow!
Servings: Makes approx. 40 small cookies
Time: 15-20 minutes active time, 1 hour waiting time, 10 minutes baking time
- ¾ cup Vegan butter
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Macadamia nut milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 cups Gluten-free flour (Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten-free baking flour was used for this recipe. Other brands can be used, but results may vary.)
- ¼ cup Macadamia nut pulp
- Add the vegan butter and sugar to a mixing bowl, and whip with a hand-mixer until creamy.
- Add macadamia nut milk and vanilla extract to the mixture, and mix using a spatula.
- Add arrowroot, baking powder, and salt to the mixture, and mix again using a spatula.
- Add gluten-free flour, and mix. Add macadamia pulp, and mix again.
- Transfer ball of dough to a sheet of parchment paper, and roll it out until it’s about 1/4 inch thick. Transfer to the fridge for at least one hour to firm up. If you have time, leave it overnight!
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- When ready, cut the cookie dough into desired shapes using cookie cutters, and transfer them to a baking sheet.
- Continue to roll out the remaining dough until it’s all used. Tip: Make sure the cookies are cold when going into the oven, as this is the trick to them keeping their shape! If re-rolling out the dough takes you a bit of time, transfer them back to the fridge for 30 minutes or so, until cold.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until very lightly colored. They will appear underdone, but don’t worry—they will continue to firm up as they cool!
- Let the cookies cool completely before decorating. You can decorate with icing, sprinkles, powdered sugar, or whatever else you’d like!