Make these perfectly spiced, classic holiday cookies using leftover pulp from your Almond Cow. These are sure to be a hit at your holiday gatherings!
Recipe by Julia @delight.fuel
Serving: 10-15 cookies
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
Additional time: 15 min
- ¾ cup oat flour
- ⅓ cup buckwheat flour (sub with brown rice flour
- 200g ground roasted nuts (hazelnuts, almonds, pecans
- 1 cup almond pulp (from almond milk)
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ⅓ cup brown coconut sugar
- 50g maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 flax egg (1tbsp ground flax seeds, 2 tbsp plant-based milk) sub with organic egg for paleo
- optional (Vegan Cookie Icing)
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300F and prepare cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- In a small separate bowl mix the egg (or flax egg) with maple syrup. Add to dry ingredients and combine into a sticky dough. If too sticky add tapioca flour.
- Wrap in foil and place in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- On a floured surface roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out cookies with a preferred cookie cutter and place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10-13 minutes in the oven.
- Take cookies out of the oven and let them cool down for about 15 minutes. Transfer cookies onto a plate or baking sheet and apply icing (optional) to decorate cookies.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to one week.