This dreamy, creamy and delicious Tiramisu will have your guests coming back for seconds. This dessert is vegan, gluten-free and the perfect after dinner treat!
Servings: 9 squares
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
Additional time: 6 hours
- 2 cups Gluten-free flour (Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten-free baking flour was used for this recipe. Other brands can be used, but results may vary.)
- 1 cup Almond meal or ground almonds
- ⅓ cup Almond pulp*
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 12 tbsp Maple syrup
- 8 tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup Plant-based milk
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup Strong coffee (preferably espresso)
- 3 cups Cashews (soaked overnight or for at least 4 hours)
- 1 can Full-fat coconut cream
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- ¼ cup Coconut oil (melted)
- Optional: 1 tbsp Strong coffee**
- 1 tbsp Cacao powder
- Optional: Fresh fruit
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2*** 8 inch square cake tins with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine almond meal, gluten-free flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine coconut oil, maple syrup, milk and pulp. Add to the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pour batter into the cake tins (equal amounts) and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. Take out of oven and cool completely.
- In the meantime prepare cream layer. In a high speed blender or food processor add soaked cashews and coconut cream. Process until completely smooth. Add maple syrup, coconut oil and coffee and stir until combined.
- To assemble the tiramisu cut both sponge cakes into 9 squares each. Line an 8 inch square pan with wax paper. Add about ½ cup of the tiramisu cream and spread out evenly in the pan. Divide the rest of the cream in two equal amounts and set aside.
- Now brush sponge cake squares with coffee and build first layer by placing sponge squares (coffee side facing down) into the pan.
- Top off with first half of cream, place another layer of sponge cake (brushed with coffee) and top off with the rest of the cream. Wrap with foil and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Once the tiramisu has set, flip onto a cutting board and sprinkle with cacao powder. Cut into squares and serve immediately. Garnish with fresh fruits if preferred.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to two days.
*squeeze out excess liquid
**add coffee into the cream if more coffee flavor is preferred
***if only one cake tin is available, bake one batch at a time.