The most popular Christmas cookie re-created into an Almond Cow version! These gingerbread cookies are slightly crisp on the outside, chewy in the center, and made with pecan pulp. Enjoy!
Servings: Makes 12 medium-sized cookies
Time: 10 minutes active time, 1 hour waiting time, 10-15 minutes baking time
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 tbsp arrowroot
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp clove
- pinch black pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free baking flour was used for this recipe. Other brands can be used, but results may vary.)
- ¼ cup pecan pulp (from pecan milk)
- Add the vegan butter, applesauce, coconut sugar, and molasses to a mixing bowl, and mix.
- Add arrowroot, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, clove, and black pepper to the mixture, and mix.
- Add gluten-free flour, and mix again. Add pecan pulp, and mix. Cover with clear wrap, and transfer to the fridge for at least one hour to firm up.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- When ready, roll out the cookie dough onto a piece of parchment paper. Using a gingerbread man cookie cutter, cut dough into cookies, and transfer onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake on 350F until golden brown. This takes approx. 10-15 minutes.
- When ready, remove cookies from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, decorate however you like! You can use icing, sprinkles, powdered sugar, etc.