Satisfy your sweet tooth with these warm, melt in your mouth homemade churros. Enjoy them on their own or pair with a decadent chocolate sauce!
Servings: 10-15 churros
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 cup Gluten-free flour (Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten-free baking flour was used for this recipe. Other brands can be used, but results may vary.)
- ¼ cup Oat flour
- 2 tbsp Horchata pulp*
- ¼ cup Cane sugar (substitute with coconut sugar or monk fruit sweetener)
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- ¾ cup and 2 tbsp of Plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Oil for frying (avocado oil, vegetable oil)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ cup Brown sugar (or cane sugar, coconut sugar, monk fruit sweetener)
In a medium sized bowl mix dry ingredients. Add plant-based milk, pulp and coconut oil. Mix with a spatula until combined.
In a small-medium sized pot heat heat over medium-high heat (2-3 inches). Transfer churro mixture into a piping bag prepared with a star tip. Pipe 5-6 inches at a time into the hot oil using scissors to cut the ends. Let fry for about 20-30 seconds until golden brown. Transfer onto paper towels and let churros dry for a few minutes. Coat in cinnamon sugar and serve while still warm.
*squeeze out any excess liquid