Next time you’re craving Chocolate Cake, try these vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free personal mug cakes featuring pulp from your Almond Cow! You’ll have perfectly rich, fluffy and chocolatey personal cakes in minutes and you won’t believe how easy they are to make! Drizzle with melted chocolate for an extra decadent treat.
- 1/2 cup roasted ground almonds
- 1/4 cup leftover almond pulp from the Almond Cow
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
- 6 tbsp homemade date syrup (or maple syrup)
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- 3 chia eggs (3 tbsp chia seeds, 6 tbsp nut milk)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Optional: 2 oz unsweetened or stevia sweetened chocolate
- powdered monk fruit sweetener
Preheat oven to 350F. Whisk chia seeds and nut milk together and let sit for at least 10 minutes to make chia eggs. Add all ingredients including the chia eggs in a medium sized bowl. Whisk well and pour batter into 2 medium sized mugs or 2-3 porcelain souffle dishes. Bake in oven for about 15-20 minutes until mug cakes are cooked through and serve while still warm.
Optional: Dust with powdered monk fruit sweetener and drizzle melted chocolate on top. Note: If you are in a rush, microwave each cake for about 1 minute and 40 seconds.