You’ll never guess black beans are hidden in these brownies but you’ll sure reap the benefits of added fiber, protein and antioxidants! Pair these deliciously rich and naturally gluten-free fudgy black bean brownies with a glass of plant-based milk and enjoy!
- 1 can Black beans (no salt added) drained and rinsed
- 2 Chia eggs
- 10 Softened dates (pits removed)
- ½ cup Unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup Dry roasted hazelnuts (crushed)
- ½ cup Hazelnut pulp (leftover from hazelnut milk made with Almond Cow)
- ½ cup Cacao powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup Cacao nibs
- ¼ cup Hazelnut milk (made from the Almond Cow)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a square baking dish with parchment paper.
- To prepare dates, place in a bowl of hot water. Let sit for about 10 minutes, drain and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- In a food processor or high speed blender add black beans, chia eggs, dates, applesauce, hazelnut milk and pulp and blend until dates are fully dissolved and texture is smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except for cacao nibs) and pulse until combined.
- Fold in the cacao nibs and a handful of roasted hazelnuts, mix well with a spatula and pour batter into baking dish.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let brownies cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool down completely before cutting into squares.
- Enjoy with a glass of plant based milk.