You’ll never guess black beans are hidden in these brownies but you’ll sure reap the benefits of added fiber, protein and antioxidants! Pair these deliciously rich and naturally gluten-free fudgy black bean brownies with a glass of plant-based milk and enjoy!
- 1 can black beans (no salt added) drained and rinsed
- 2 chia eggs
- 10 dates (pits removed, dates softened)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup dry roasted hazelnuts (crushed)
- ½ cup hazelnut pulp (from hazelnut milk)
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup cacao nibs
- ¼ cup hazelnut milk
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a square baking dish with parchment paper.
- To prepare dates, place in a bowl of hot water. Let sit for about 10 minutes, drain and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- To prepare chia eggs, place 2 tablespoons of chia seeds and 6 tablespoons of water in a small bowl, stir. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes or until the mixture forms a gel.
- In a food processor or high speed blender add black beans, chia eggs, dates, applesauce, hazelnut milk and pulp and blend until dates are fully dissolved and texture is smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except for cacao nibs) and pulse until combined.
- Fold in the cacao nibs and a handful of roasted hazelnuts, mix well with a spatula and pour batter into baking dish.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let brownies cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool down completely before cutting into squares.
- Enjoy with a glass of plant based milk.