- 1 cup hazelnuts (raw, unsoaked)
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2-3 chopped, pitted dates or 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place raw hazelnuts onto a lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until hazelnuts are lightly colored and skins are blistered.
- Once hazelnuts have cooled, transfer them with the dates (or maple syrup), cacao powder, and salt into the filter basket. Attach the filter basket to the top of the Almond Cow and twist in the direction of the close arrow to secure.
- Fill the Almond Cow base to the MIN line (5 cups) with water. Attach the top.
- Plug in the Almond Cow and press the cow start button. It will run through 3 automatic stages. When the green light stops flashing, your milk is ready!
- To serve hot, heat milk in a small pot over medium-high heat. Store any leftovers in an airtight container or milk jug in the refrigerator for up to three days.