Use your leftover almond pulp in these delicious Vanilla Matcha Cupcakes. Topped with a beautiful, creamy matcha frosting!
Servings: 10 Cupcakes
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
Additional Time: 4 hours 30 min
- 1 cup Almond pulp (wet)
- 2 Flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal, 4 tbsp warm milk/water)
- 1½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 ripe Banana
- 8 Medjool dates (softened*)
- ⅓ cup Almond butter
- ½ cup Plant-based milk
- 1½ tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Oat flour
- ½ cup Almond flour
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 2 cups Cashews (soaked)*
- 1 can Coconut cream solid part (refrigerate overnight and use solid part only for recipe)
- ½ cup Coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- 3 tbsp Plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp Coconut butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp Matcha powder
1. Line muffin tin with paper cups and preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a small bowl add flax meal and water/milk and set aside for about 10 minutes.
3. In a medium sized bowl add almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and oat flour and set aside.
4. In a food processor or high speed blender add almond pulp, milk, banana, almond butter, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, dates and flax eggs. Blend until completely smooth.
5. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and carefully mix until just combined.
6. Divide batter into paper cups evenly (about ¾ full) and bake in the oven for about 20-22 minutes.
7. In the meantime prepare vegan matcha frosting. In a high speed blender or food processor add cashews and milk and process for about 5 minutes. Add coconut cream, maple syrup and matcha powder. Process until completely smooth. Stir in coconut butter and coconut oil and transfer into the freezer for about 20-30 minutes until frosting is pipeable. With a spatula mix frosting every 5 minutes with a spatula.
8. Transfer into a piping bag and frost muffins with your preferred piping tip.
9. Serve immediately and store leftovers in the refrigerator.
*soak cashews in water overnight or for 4 hours minimum.
*soak medjool dates in hot water for about 15 minutes and squeeze out any excess liquid.