Use your leftover almond pulp in these delicious Vanilla Matcha Cupcakes. Topped with a beautiful, creamy matcha frosting!
Servings: 10 Cupcakes
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
Additional Time: 4 hours 30 min
- 1 cup almond pulp (from almond milk)
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal, 4 tbsp warm milk/water)
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana
- 8 dates (pits removed, softened*)
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- ½ cup plant-based milk
- 1½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 cups cashews (soaked)*
- 1 can coconut cream solid part (refrigerate overnight and use solid part only for recipe)
- ½ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp coconut butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp matcha powder
- Line muffin tin with paper cups and preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl add flax meal and water/milk and set aside for about 10 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl add almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and oat flour and set aside.
- In a food processor or high speed blender add almond pulp, milk, banana, almond butter, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, dates and flax eggs. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and carefully mix until just combined.
- Divide batter into paper cups evenly (about ¾ full) and bake in the oven for about 20-22 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare vegan matcha frosting. In a high speed blender or food processor add cashews and milk and process for about 5 minutes. Add coconut cream, maple syrup and matcha powder. Process until completely smooth. Stir in coconut butter and coconut oil and transfer into the freezer for about 20-30 minutes until frosting is pipeable. With a spatula mix frosting every 5 minutes with a spatula.
- Transfer into a piping bag and frost muffins with your preferred piping tip.
- Serve immediately and store leftovers in the refrigerator.
*soak cashews in water overnight or for 4 hours minimum.
*soak medjool dates in hot water for about 15 minutes and squeeze out any excess liquid.