Perfectly fluffy, luscious cake topped with a delicate rose water infused icing. A beautiful sweet treat for any occasion!
Servings: Makes 6 large cupcakes
Time: 30 minutes active time, approx. 20 minutes baking time
- 2 cans Coconut cream, chilled at least 24 hours (we used Let’s Do Organic Heavy Coconut Cream)*
- ¼ cup Powdered monkfruit
- 1-2 tsp Pitaya powder
- 3 tbsp Rose water
- 2 cups Oat flour
- ¼ cup Coconut sugar
- ¾ tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Cashew milk
- Cashew pulp from 1 batch of cashew milk
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- ¼ cup Coconut oil, melted**
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- 2-3 tbsp Rose water, depending on preference
*You want the texture of the cream to be like slightly softened butter before whipping.
**The coconut oil must be melted, or it won’t work properly.
- For the frosting, add coconut cream, powdered monkfruit, and pitaya powder to a mixing bowl, and whip with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Add rose water, and fold until incorporated.
- Transfer frosting to the fridge until you’re ready to frost!
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add oat flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to a mixing bowl, and whisk together.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add cashew milk, cashew pulp, lemon juice, coconut oil, maple syrup, and rose water, and mix.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and mix.
- Line a 6-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners, and pour batter evenly into the cupcake liners.
- Transfer cupcake batter into the cupcake liners, and bake on 350F for 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Allow to cool completely, and frost!