These soft-baked, pillowy Vanilla Cookies are incredibly simple to make, and are the perfect sweet treat to kick off the New Year! They’re made in just 1 bowl, and use macadamia nut pulp from your Almond Cow.
Servings: Makes 27 cookies
Time: 10 minutes active time, 1 hour waiting time, 12 minutes baking time
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp arrowroot
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour (Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free baking flour was used for this recipe. Other brands can be used, but results may vary.)
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup macadamia nut pulp (from macadamia milk)
- powdered sugar, optional for topping
- Add the vegan butter, applesauce, sugar, and vanilla to a mixing bowl, and mix.
- Add arrowroot, baking soda, and salt to the mixture, and mix.
- Add gluten-free flour, almond flour, and mix again.
- Add macadamia pulp, and mix.
- Cover with clear wrap, and transfer to the fridge for at least one hour to firm up.
- Preheat oven to 350F. When ready, scoop the cookie dough onto a cookie sheet, and bake until golden. This takes approx. 12 minutes.
- When ready, remove cookies from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, decorate with powdered sugar or whatever else you’d like!