Packed with flavor and topped with vibrant tomatoes this savory Tomato Galette is the perfect appetizer to share or eat on your own. Filled with our homemade Ricotta Cheese!
Servings: 2, 8-in galettes
- 1 cup Cassava flour
- ½ cup Almond pulp
- 1 tsp Psyllium husk
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- ½ tsp Salt
- 8 tbsp Cold water
- Olive oil, for drizzling over crust
- Everything bagel seasoning
- ⅔ cup Almond Cow Ricotta (⅓ cup per galette)
- 2 Tomatoes, 1 red and 1 yellow
- Italian seasoning
- Fresh basil for garnishing, if desired
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- First, make the almond ricotta. It's best if you make it the night before, but will work fine if you make it just prior to making the galettes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry crust ingredients, then add the wet ingredients. Knead it into a dough using your hands.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts, set one aside. On a sheet of flour-dusted parchment paper, roll out the dough into an 8-in circle.
- Spread ⅓ cup ricotta cheese over top and then add the sliced tomatoes leaving a border to fold the crust over the tomatoes.
- Moving in a circular direction, fold the crust over the edges of the tomatoes. NOTE: if the dough pulls apart and breaks, just squeeze it back together with your fingers.
- Drizzle olive oil over top of the entire galette. Sprinkle the filling with Italian seasoning, and the crust with everything bagel seasoning. Repeat with the other galette.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil leaves if desired before serving.