Use your leftover almond pulp in this pizza recipe that is bursting with fresh, bright flavors! A great go-to meal for any day of the week.
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Additional time: 4 hours
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten-free baking flour was used for this recipe. Other brands can be used, but results may vary.)
- ¼ cup almond pulp (drained, from almond milk)
- 100 ml warm water
- 1 tsp psyllium husk (ground)
- 1 ½ tbsp avocado oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp tahini paste
- ¼ cup roasted pine nuts (or sunflower seeds)
- ½ lemon juice
- ⅓ cup cashew milk (or water)
- ⅓ cup cashews (soaked)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 purple onion (sliced)
- 1-2 peaches (sliced)
- basil, parsley (chopped)
- To prepare the topping soak cashews overnight or for at least four hours.
- Drain and transfer into a food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients except for the peaches, herbs and onion and pulse until completely smooth. Set aside while preparing the pizza dough.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl mix the psyllium husk with the water and oil and let sit for about 5-10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour with the salt and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Knead with your hands until a dough forms. Add more flour if needed. The dough should not be sticking to your hands. Once the dough is done roll out thinly onto a parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Spread with tahini cashew sauce and onions and peaches. Bake in the oven at 430F for about 25-30 minutes.
- Top off with fresh herbs and drizzle some of the leftover tahini cashew sauce over the pizza. Serve immediately.