Apple Crisp Bars are a fun twist on a fall favorite. This recipe uses leftover almond pulp from making Almond Milk.
For the crisp:
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup pulp
- 1 cups of rolled oats
- 2 cups Oat flour
- 8 tbsp Melted coconut oil
- 1 Flax egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 4 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Cinnamon
- Prepare the crisp mixture by combining all the crisp ingredients in a bowl and stirring well.
- Press ½ of the crisp mixture into the bottom of an 8x8 in. baking dish. Set the other half of the mixture aside.
- Prepare the apple filling by mixing the filling ingredients together in a bowl.
- Stir until the apples are evenly coated. Add the apple filling to the baking dish.
- Crumble the remaining crisp mixture on top of the apple layer. Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes.