- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of fresh organic parsley
- 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ lemon (squeezed juice)
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup hemp seed pulp (from hemp seed milk)
- ¼ cup roasted pine nuts (or sunflower seeds)
- ¼ cup avocado oil (olive) plus extra oil for storing
- 2-3 tbsp pesto
- gluten-free pasta (brown rice, chickpea, lentil etc.)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- fresh organic parsley
- For the pesto, roast sunflower seeds/pine nuts over low-medium heat until slightly toasted.
- Add all pesto ingredients, including slightly toasted sunflower seeds/pine nuts, into a food processor and process for a few seconds until combined.
- Transfer into an airtight jar and fill up with extra avocado or olive oil. Store in fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to the instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add 2-3 tbsp of pesto with coconut milk in a large saucepan and heat over low-medium heat.
- Once the pasta is done, drain and mix into the pesto sauce until pasta has taken on the pesto flavor. Add salt, pepper and fresh parsley if needed.