This gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan pesto recipe features Almond Cow Hemp Milk pulp and takes only moments to make. Add this pesto to your favorite pasta and enjoy this quick and delicious midweek meal idea!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of fresh organic parsley
- 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ lemon (squeezed juice)
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup hemp seed pulp (from hemp seed milk)
- ¼ cup tbsp roasted pine nuts (or sunflower seeds)
- ¼ cup avocado oil (olive) plus extra oil for storing
- 2-3 tbsp pesto
- gluten-free pasta (brown rice, chickpea, lentil etc.)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- fresh organic parsley
- For the pesto, roast sunflower seeds/pine nuts over low-medium heat until slightly toasted.
- Add all pesto ingredients, including slightly toasted sunflower seeds/pine nuts, into a food processor and process for a few seconds until combined.
- Transfer into an airtight jar and fill up with extra avocado or olive oil. Store in fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to the instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add 2-3 tbsp of pesto with coconut milk in a large saucepan and heat over low-medium heat.
- Once the pasta is done, drain and mix into the pesto sauce until pasta has taken on the pesto flavor. Add salt, pepper and fresh parsley if needed.