Say hello to this minimal ingredient homemade version of the oh-so-popular dessert. These Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs featuring almond pulp from the Almond Cow make for the perfect Easter treat!
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup Peanut butter
- ¼ cup Coconut flour
- ¼ cup Almond pulp
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- ½ cup Cacao butter, melted
- ½ cup Cacao powder
- 3 tbsp Maple syrup
- To a food processor, add peanut butter, coconut flour, almond pulp, and maple syrup. Pulse until it sticks together.
- Transfer mixture to a piece of parchment paper, and using a rolling pin, roll and flatten out the filling.
- Using an egg-shaped cookie cutter (of any kind), shape filling into eggs. Transfer to a freezer for 30 minutes to harden.
- Once the filling is firm, it's time to make the chocolate. Add cacao butter to a pot and melt. (1 cup hardened cacao butter should yield ½ cup melted cacao butter, but this may vary).
- Once melted, add cacao powder and maple syrup, and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Dip the filling into the chocolate (one by one), and transfer to a piece of parchment paper.
- Transfer back to freezer for 2-3 minutes, and decorate however you like!