These delightful, little tartlets are the perfect end to any meal. Featuring leftover almond pulp from making almond milk!
Servings: 4 tartlets
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1½ cups gluten-free oats
- ½ cup almonds
- 5 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 4 mini tart pans with coconut oil and set aside.
- For the crust add oats and almonds into a food processor. Pulse until combined, then add maple syrup and coconut oil. Process into a moist mixture.
- Firmly press dough into the tart pans and press up on the sides as well. Bake for about 10-15 minutes until crust appears golden brown.
- Let sit for about 5-10 minutes and then transfer onto a cooling rack.
- For the filling add maple syrup and roasted pecans in a large saucepan and heat over medium heat (3-5 minutes), stirring frequently until the maple syrup has completely reduced.
- As soon as no liquid remains and the maple syrup has coated the nuts, remove from heat and transfer onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Add cashews into a food processor and process until completely smooth. Transfer into a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Now add the cooled maple coated pecans into the food processor and process into a smooth nut butter.
- Add mixture to the bowl with cashews and combine with a spatula.
- Add melted coconut oil, milk, pulp and spices and mix well until fully combined. Pour mixture into your baked tarts and let sit in the fridge for about 2-3 hours.
- Enjoy with drizzled chocolate on top. Store leftovers in the fridge for about 2-3 days.