Satisfy your donut craving with a batch of these Maple Glazed Donuts. Soft, fluffy and bursting with flavor. Featuring leftover almond pulp from your Almond Cow!
Servings: 6-8 donuts
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 10-12 min
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp of water)
- ¾ cup Gluten-free flour (Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten-free baking flour was used for this recipe. Other brands can be used, but results may vary.)
- ¼ cup Almond pulp
- ¼ cup Coconut sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- ½ cup Plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease donut pan with coconut oil.
- To prepare the flax egg combine ground flax seeds and water and let thicken.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together coconut sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine coconut oil, flax egg, almond pulp and milk.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Transfer into a ziploc or piping bag and pipe dough into each donut mold (¾ of the mold).
- Bake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let donuts sit in the pan for a few minutes.
- Remove donuts from the pan and place on a cooling rack for glazing.
- To prepare the glaze mix maple syrup and powdered sugar until sugar is fully incorporated. Dip donuts into the glaze and let them dry.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container up to 3 days.