Have some extra almond pulp on hand? Not sure what to do with it? Say hello to these big, fluffy cinnamon rolls made with almond pulp and almond milk from your Almond Cow! They’re packed with a cinnamon coconut sugar filling, and a 2-ingredient glaze that melts into the rolls when they’re warm. It’s ok, we’re drooling too.
Servings: Makes 12 rolls
Time: 25 minutes active time, 1 hour and 45 minutes inactive time
- 2 cups Almond milk, room temperature
- ¼ cup Coconut sugar
- 1 Packet active dry yeast
- ½ cup Vegan butter, melted
- 5 ½ cups Flour, divided
- ¼ cup Almond pulp, DRIED*
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup Vegan butter, very softened or melted
- ¾ cup Coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Almond milk
Note: *If almond pulp is not dried properly, results may vary. To dry the pulp, remove it from the Almond Cow filter basket, shake off all the leftover liquid, and transfer it to a towel to allow the liquid to drain for at least 15 minutes. You can fold the towel on top of the pulp as well to ensure full coverage. It should feel more like flour rather than damp or mushy.
- For the dough, add almond milk, coconut sugar, and active dry yeast to a mixing bowl. Stir and let activate for 15 minutes.
- Add vegan butter and 5 cups flour to the mixture, and mix until combined.
- Add dried almond pulp and a pinch of salt, and combine again. Cover for 1 hour.
- When ready, add an additional ¼ cup flour to the dough and stir well.
- Turn out the dough onto a well-floured surface (with another ¼ cup flour), and knead the dough lightly until the dough doesn’t stick to the surface. Add additional flour if needed to help the process.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle (about ½-inch thick).
- For the filling, brush the vegan butter over the dough evenly, and sprinkle with coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll the dough to form a log, and trim off the ends.
- Cut the log into approximately 12 rolls, and place them in a baking dish. Cover and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake on 350F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- For the frosting, whisk together the powdered sugar and almond milk.When ready, drizzle the cinnamon rolls with the glaze, and enjoy!