Here's another seasonal treat for you! Gluten-free and vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Coconut Frosting featuring macadamia nut milk and pulp! Perfect for all spring celebrations or when you’re craving a sweet snack.
Time: 30-45 minutes
Servings: 36 mini cupcakes
- 1 can Coconut cream, chilled at least 24 hours (we used Let’s Do Organic Heavy Coconut Cream)
- 2 tbsp Cane sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Gluten-free baking flour (Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free baking flour was used for this recipe. Other brands can be used, but results may vary.)
- ½ cup Coconut sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Allspice
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Clove
- 1 tbsp Orange zest
- 2 cups Grated carrots
- ½ cup Coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup Applesauce
- ½ cup Macadamia nut milk
- ¼ cup Macadamia nut pulp, DRIED (To dry the pulp, remove it from the almond cow and transfer it to a towel to allow the liquid to drain.)
- To a mixing bowl, add coconut whipping cream, cane sugar, and vanilla extract. Whip with hand-mixer until soft peaks form. Transfer to fridge. If you have time, leave it in the fridge overnight as it will be easier to pipe.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To a separate mixing bowl, sift gluten-free baking flour, coconut sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and clove. Whisk until mixed.
- Add orange zest, grated carrots, coconut oil, applesauce, macadamia nut milk, and macadamia nut pulp (make sure the pulp has been dried properly, as this is key to using it for baked desserts).
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners, and pour cupcake batter into the liners.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. When ready to serve, pipe coconut frosting and enjoy!