Use Almond Cow almond milk and leftover almond pulp in these classic Chocolate Frosted Donuts. Fluffy, baked donuts perfect for a sweet morning treat!
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup sugar of choice
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup almond pulp (from almond milk)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Prepare a donut pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, almond milk, almond pulp, coconut oil, vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Add batter to a piping bag, and pipe it into the donut pan. Bake donuts for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove donuts from oven and let cool.
- For the chocolate frosting, melt the chocolate. Wait until it has cooled down a little. Dip the cooled donuts into the chocolate. Enjoy!