Pro Carrot Cake Muffins
Servings: 12 muffinsPrep Time: 15 minCook Time: 20 min
- 2 cups Gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup Almond pulp
- 3 tbsp Flax meal
- 2 ¼ tsp Ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Ground ginger
- ⅓ cup Almond butter
- 1 ½ cups Cashew milk (or any other plant-based milk)
- ½ cup Maple syrup
- 1 ⅓ cup Grated carrots
- ¾ cup Chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup Dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, golden berries etc.)
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line muffin tin with paper cups.
- In a blender or food processor process oats into a fine flour. Add flax meal, baking soda, baking powder and spices. Process for a few seconds until combined.
- Add maple syrup, milk, almond butter and pulp into the food processor. Process into a smooth batter.
- With a spatula or spoon fold in shredded coconut, carrots, walnuts and dried fruit.
- Pour batter evenly into each muffin cup until it almost reaches the top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve immediately and store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for about 2-3 days.