Only a few simple ingredients needed to make this creamy Pea Milk. A great source of plant-based protein!
Cook time: 40-50 minutes
Additional time: 8 hours
- 1 cup dry split peas (soaked) green or yellow
- 3-4 dates (pits removed, substitute with 1-2 tbsp of maple syrup)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (optional for creaminess)
- Soak dry split peas overnight. Cook in 3-4 cups of boiling water until peas are soft.
- Place cooked peas, dates, and oil into the filter basket. Attach the filter basket to the top of the Almond Cow and twist in the direction of the close arrow to secure.
- Fill Almond Cow base to the MAX line (6 cups) with water, add salt and attach the top.
- Plug in the Almond Cow and press the cow start button.
It will run through 3 automatic stages. When the green light stops flashing, your milk is ready!