- 1 cup soaked whole grain oats (approximately ⅔ cup dry whole grain oats, soaked for at least 4 hours or overnight in the fridge)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup for sweetness
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp walnut oil (or avocado oil to avoid nut allergies) for creaminess (optional)
We recommend using whole grain oats because they are the least processed, most natural form of oats. Plus, they make the perfect oat milk! If you are following a gluten-free diet, be sure to purchase gluten free oats to avoid cross contamination with wheat.
When making oat milk we recommend using cold or ice water in the base (3 cups water and the rest ice to float to the minimum line). Any heat applied when making oat milk will create a slimy milk.
For a creamier oat milk and added protein, add 2 tablespoons of vegan pea or hemp protein powder into the filter basket with the other ingredients.
- Place all ingredients in the filter basket. Attach the filter basket to the top of the Almond Cow and twist in the direction of the close arrow to secure.
- Fill the Almond Cow base to the MIN line (5 cups) with cold water, attach the top.
- Plug in the Almond Cow and press the cow start button!
It will run through 3 automatic stages. When the green light stops flashing, your milk is ready!