Oat milk is the perfect alternative to nut-based milks for those with allergies or intolerances to nuts or seeds, or for anyone looking to switch things up a bit! It’s also naturally thicker than most plant-based milks, so it’s a favorite dairy-free milk.
- 1 cup of Whole grain oats (soaked overnight)
- 1¾ tbsp of Maple syrup for sweetness
- ¼ tsp of Salt for freshness
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp of Walnut oil (or avocado oil to avoid nut allergies) for creaminess (optional)
We recommend using whole grain oats because they are the least processed, most natural form of oats. Plus, they make the perfect oat milk! If you are following a gluten-free diet, be sure to purchase gluten free oats to avoid cross contamination with wheat.
- Place oats, maple syrup, vanilla, and (optional) oil in the filter basket. Attach the filter basket to the top of the Almond Cow and twist in the direction of the close arrow to secure.
- Fill the Almond Cow base to the MIN line (5 cups) with water.
- Add sea salt to the water, attach the top.
- Plug in the Almond Cow and press the cow start button!
It will run through 3 automatic stages. When the green light stops flashing, your milk is ready!